What a Biden / Harris Administration Will Look Like: Dangerous “Equality Act”
via Tony Perkins of Family Research Council:
I’ve shared with you before that, despite its pleasant-sounding name, the “Equality” Act is an attack on millions of decent Americans.
Yet shockingly this past Wednesday in an interview with Philadelphia Gay News, with days to go before the election, Democratic candidate former Vice President Joe Biden doubled down on his support for this dangerous bill.
“I will make enactment of the Equality Act a top legislative priority during my first 100 days — a priority that Donald Trump opposes,” Biden told the newspaper.
If the “Equality” Act passes…
- Women and girls would no longer have privacy in publicly accessible bathrooms, locker rooms, showers, and even battered women’s shelters;
- Churches and houses of worship could be prohibited from requiring that their leaders and employees abide by their doctrines about marriage and sexuality;
- Religious employers could be forced to offer their employees insurance coverage for procedures related to “gender transition”;
- Faith-based organizations involved in adoption and foster care could be forced to choose between violating their religious convictions and shuttering operations;
- Medical professionals could be ordered to perform abortions or procedures related to “gender transition” against their moral or medical opinions;
- and The Hyde Amendment, which prohibits taxpayer funding of abortion, would be in jeopardy.
Frankly, it’s impossible to guess all of this bill’s terrible impact until long after its passage, when the damage is irreversible.