- BREAKING: Power Outages In Multiple US Cities Including New York, LA and San Fransisco
- High Risk Of EMP Today, Be Prepared
- NOT IN AMERICA! Mich Doctor Performing Female Genital Mutilation on Little Girls, ARRESTED!
- BREAKING: US Fighter Jets Intercept 2 Russian Bombers Off Coast Of Alaska
- Tax Day 2017 Freebies and Discounts
- China Threatens To Bomb North Korea’s Nuclear Sites
- The Hidden Truth as to Why America Bombed Syria?!
- April Fools Day: Alex Jones is a DEAD Comedian
- We Don’t Negotiate With Terrorists
- Prince Mohammed Considers Donald Trump a “Friend of Muslims”, Backs Travel Ban
- UPDATED: The Entertainment Industry Is All "GRAVY" Truth!
- FEMA Many Gov. Agencies Are Planning For Something HUGE on April 25th
- North Korea: It Will Completely and Immediately Wipe Out US Mainland
- Veterans Can Choose Their Own Doctor With Bill President Trump Just Signed
McDonald’s answer to living on $8.25 an hour: food stamps. Also heating assistance. And maybe Medicaid.
This is totally realistic and in fact what makes survival on $8.25 an hour possible for most people. But could it possibly highlight more perfectly the reliance of the fast food industry on government assistance to subsidize poverty wages? It’s basically a straight-up admission from McDonald’s that the highly profitable company knows it isn’t paying workers enough to live on and is looking to taxpayers to make that possible while keeping profits high and prices low. This has got to be one of the most f’ed up, corrupt kinds of capitalism imaginable: companies padding their profits by pushing their workers onto public assistance. And it’s a feature, not a bug.
So for every person who worries what would happen to the price of their Big Mac if McDonald’s had to pay a living wage, there should be a couple who’d be saving by not having to subsidize the other guy’s cheap hamburger and McDonald’s high profits. I’d mention the benefit to workers and to the basic value that work should pay enough to live on, but let’s be real: Those things obviously don’t matter to McDonald’s.
Read Full Article & Watch Video at Daily Kos
CLAIM YOUR THANK YOU COFFEE MUG
Take Action Now: 1. Subscribe to our RSS feed 2. Receive your copy of The Bill of Rights 3. Share This Page With a Friend or Family Member 4. Call The White House Press Secretary (202-456-1111) as well as your state representatives to express your grievances. 5. Don't ever stop studying and sharing!!! God Bless America ~ Long Live The Republic ~ One Nation Under God ~ UNDIVIDED
~ Biselliano the truth powered by The Truth