Let’s Go Deeper In The Lord Together Brothers & Sisters
Daily Prayers to Grow in The Lord – Pastor Jeff Daley with National Day of Repentance
Pastor Jeff Daley with National Day of Repentance provides the following:
Top 12 Daily Prayers To Grow in the Lord
Heavenly Father, I know You have all the answers I need in my life. You are the source of all that is good; of all truth and power. There are many things I must learn if I am to walk as Jesus did. Your Son said He only did what He saw You doing…and He only said what He heard You saying. (John 5:19, 8:29, 12:49)
Father, the Bible says that if I believe, You will give me whatever I ask for in prayer. (Matt. 21:22) My greatest desire is to have the same kind of intimate relationship with You that Jesus had. I believe this is Your will for me and so I ask for it, in the Name of Jesus.
- Father, I ask You to fill me with Your Holy Spirit and speak directly to my heart and mind each day with such clarity that I will never fail to recognize Your voice. (John 10:27 & 14:26)
- Father, I ask You to give me great passion for reading the Bible each day. I also ask You to make Your written Word clear, meaningful and practical in my life. (1 Cor. 2:10)
- Father, I ask You to help me deal with the offensive people in my life without becoming offended… and to quickly extend forgiveness to those who wound me. (Luke 6:27 & Matt. 6:14-15)
- Father, I ask You to give me peace, joy and words of encouragement to say when I am around troubled people and that You fill my heart with love for the lost. (Luke 6:27-36)
- Father, the world and the devil say You are a cold, angry and distant God. I ask You to draw me close to You and fill me with faith to believe that You are a good God who wants only good for me. Help me see that “all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
- Father, I ask You to fill me with true humility. I know You resist the proud, but give grace to the humble, so that when I resist the devil, he will flee from me. (James 4:4-8) Help me walk in humility so I may receive Your favor and be an anointed vessel to carry Your grace to others.
- Father, I ask You to silence my distracting, argumentative, negative thoughts and renew my mind so I may focus on that which is good, acceptable and perfect to You. (Romans 12:2, 1 Cor. 14:33 & 2 Tim. 1:7)
- Father, I ask You to help me trust in You with all my heart and never lean on my own understanding, so that in everything I do, I will always seek Your guidance and it will please You to make my decisions and directions clear. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Father, I ask You to increase the gift of “discerning of spirits” in me. Help me to know the difference between the spirits that speak to my mind (Holy Spirit, human spirits, angelic spirits and evil spirits)…so I will know whether they are of You, or of the enemy. Help me to know when the enemy is trying to deceive me. Help me to know good from evil and truth from lies. (1 Cor. 12:10 & Hebrews 5:14)
- Father, I ask You to help me discipline myself; pull down every proud obstacle in me that exalts itself against the knowledge of You; and to take every thought captive into the obedience of Christ, that I might fully serve You, instead of myself. (2 Corinthians 10:5)
- Father, I ask You to show me Your plan for my life. I ask You to show me both the general plan (my calling and giftings), as well as the next steps I must take to prepare for the work You have created me to do. I ask You to help me crucify my old sinful nature so I will not run ahead of You. Your thoughts and ways are high above my ways. I ask You to help me stop using my old inferior ways to accomplish Your higher Kingdom purposes. (Isaiah 55:8-9 & Jer. 29:11 & Rom. 11:33)
- Father, I give my whole life to You. I ask You to make Your ways known to me that I might serve and bring glory to You. Change me so that instead of shying away in fear, my constant prayer will be: “Here I am Lord; send me!” (Isaiah 6:8) In the Name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.