- A Populist Surge Is Pulling Three U.S. Allies Into Political Crises
- European Court Makes It ILLEGAL To Criticize Mohammad … Free Speech Does NOT APPLY!
- Take a Look Inside The Bohemian Grove (WARNING: Pray First)
- Breaking Now! Google’s China HQ Burst Into Flames
- The Lord Says, “The Hour of My Coming Is at Hand” – Get Ready!
- You won’t believe what SMOCKING MEANS? Trump KNOWS!
- Down The Rabbit Hole With Alice In Wonderland Interviewing Op Mayflower Co Founder NICK REEDER
- How Many Bibles Can You Send to Venezuela?
- Facebook Censors Image of Santa Kneeling Before Jesus
- EXCLUSIVE: Darkdox Digest 5 and 6 … Christian Discussing Bush & Bohemian Grove, House of Cards Part One
- Border Patrol Arrests Yet Another Sex Offender; And Leftists Would Say Migrants Aren’t Dangerous
- 9/11 Truth Movement Gets a Grand Jury
- SHOCKING: GOP Senator Resigns Suddenly … Why?
The Internet Crackdown Begins: U.S. Senator Al Franken Wants Google, Facebook And Twitter To Censor Political Speech
Unfortunately, major changes may soon be coming to the Internet
Michael Snyder | End Of The American Dream
Are the days of the free and open Internet numbered?
The Internet is certainly used for all sorts of horrible things, but it has also allowed ordinary people to communicate on a mass scale that would have been unimaginable decades ago. In the old days, if you wanted to reach large audiences of people with your information you always had to go through corporate gatekeepers. But today, anyone with an Internet connection can literally broadcast whatever they want to say to the whole world. Personally, my wife and I have always been amazed at how many people we are able to touch all over the planet from our little home in the mountains. Over the past seven years our websites have been viewed more than 100 million times, and we receive emails about our work from people all over the globe.
Unfortunately, major changes may soon be coming to the Internet. The election of Donald Trump really angered the elite, and they are blaming the power of the Internet for his victory. They insist that something must be done “for the good of democracy”.
For example, in an opinion piece for the Guardian, U.S. Senator Al Franken proposed that it is time for the U.S. government to step in because Google, Facebook and Twitter have failed to prevent the spread of propaganda, misinformation, and hate speech…
As lawmakers grapple with the revelations regarding Russia’s manipulation of social media during the 2016 election, many are shocked to learn the outsized role that the major tech companies play in so many aspects of our lives. Not only do they guide what we see, read, and buy on a regular basis, but their dominance – specifically in the market of information – now requires that we consider their role in the integrity of our democracy.
Last week’s hearings demonstrated that these companies may not be up to the challenge that they’ve created for themselves. In some instances, it seems that they’ve failed to take commonsense precautions to prevent the spread of propaganda, misinformation, and hate speech.
Those are very ominous words.
So precisely what would constitute “propaganda”, “misinformation” or “hate speech”?
When you start regulating speech, you cross a very dangerous line. There is a reason why our founders guaranteed us freedom of speech in the Bill of Rights, because if we don’t have the freedom to say what we want then what do we really have left?
Take Action Now: 1. Subscribe to our RSS feed 2. Receive your copy of The Bill of Rights 3. Share This Page With a Friend or Family Member 4. Call The White House Press Secretary (202-456-1111) as well as your state representatives to express your grievances. 5. Don't ever stop studying and sharing!!! God Bless America ~ Long Live The Republic ~ One Nation Under God ~ UNDIVIDED
~ Biselliano the truth powered by The Truth