What Are The Characteristics of a TRUE PATRIOT?
This was sent to me by SterlingMasonSurvival.com
To All That Have Served or Are Currently Serving Our Country: Thank You for Your Service
I asked veterans how civilians should thank them for their service…
One answer proved to be the most common: “PATRIOTISM” Volunteer in your community, try and make a difference, and vote for what you believe is right. Honor the actions of veterans by ensuring that your voice is heard at the ballot box. Educate yourself on veterans’ issues. There are a number of fantastic organizations that help veterans with real issues but the most impactful is to use your right to make your voice heard.
What are the characteristics of TRUE PATRIOT? Here are my thoughts…
A true patriot:
- Is proud to be a Citizen of this country.
- Is not afraid to show his love for his country by proudly displaying the flag, wearing the shirts and driving around with patriotic stickers;
- Attends events that support the spirit of patriotism.
- Honors servicemen and women and veterans.
- Participates in elections. A true patriot does rigorous research, selects the candidates that best support our democracy and uphold our foundational values, talks to others about the best candidates and about voting in general.
- Stays abreast of local, national and global news and issues. A true patriot wants to know what is going on around the country and in the world and how it may affect our country, its citizens and its future.
- Wants to be involved in the government for the people and by the people by making his voice heard, signing petitions, advancing issues and being a citizen for the full extent possible. Aside from that, as someone who deeply loves his country and wants to make it a better place, a true patriot urges others to be involved, too.
- Upholds he truths in our Constitution and Declaration of Independence and stands up for those principles by calling out those who attempt to violate them and by protecting their place and role in our democracy.
- Respects his fellow countrymen and does not discriminate against people in any matters simply because they are different.
- Keeps an eye out for those who attempt to take away the rights that we as Americans have as they were designed by our Founding Fathers.