- Migrant Caravan Along Southern Border Reaches 5,000 ~ It's An Invasion
- Pro-Abortion Witches Plan a Public “Hex Ritual” to Curse Justice Brett Kavanaugh
- LEAKED: McCaskill Staffer Opens Up About How She Is PAID By PLANNED PARENTHOOD
- With Halloween Comes The Evil Principalities of Darkness The Bible Speaks About
- Why Christians Should NOT Celebrate Halloween … A Long List Of Reasons
- The Truth About "The Facebook Purge" ... Just In Time To Meddle With Elections
- Candace Owens Tours ICE Detention Center & What She Finds Will Shock You
- This Movie About ‘The Trump Phenomenon’ Puts The ICING On The Cake
- What People Are Saying Around The Nation About “The Trump Prophecy” In Theaters
- Why Christians Should Stop Celebrating Halloween Immediately?
- Homeland Security Warns of Cartels’ Role in Migrant Caravan
- Something Very Strange Is Happening Worldwide – Dead Birds Falling From Sky & Dead Fish
- Alice In Wonderland’s Emergency Prayer Broadcast Sunday Replay
- Maxine Waters Charged With Ethical Wrongdoing
Is God Male or Female? Church Debating Gender-Neutral Language
The Episcopal Church will consider whether to add gender-neutral language regarding God to its Book of Common Prayer at its 79th General Convention in Austin, Texas, which starts Thursday.
The debate is centered on making sure that the faith’s prayer book is clear that God, the supreme being, is genderless. The proposed changes will be considered at the eight-day convention, the Washington Post reported.
The church has always addressed God through the use of masculine terms such as Him, Father, and King, among others.
In the New Testament, Jesus taught his disciples to pray using male pronouns.
“And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth,” Jesus said in Luke 11:2.
What are the resolutions?
One resolution asks for a complete overhaul of the Book of Common Prayer. The most common reason for the changes is gender-neutral language, according to the Post.
The Reform Jewish movement changed its language regarding God to gender-neutral terms in 2007.
The United Methodist Church and Evangelical Lutheran Church in America have also debated the use of gender-related language for God.
Take Action Now: 1. Subscribe to our RSS feed 2. Receive your copy of The Bill of Rights 3. Share This Page With a Friend or Family Member 4. Call The White House Press Secretary (202-456-1111) as well as your state representatives to express your grievances. 5. Don't ever stop studying and sharing!!! God Bless America ~ Long Live The Republic ~ One Nation Under God ~ UNDIVIDED
~ Biselliano the truth powered by The Truth