- Trump Just PISSED China Off By This Move In South Korea!
- Over 239,000 Banquet Frozen Meals Recalled for Salmonella Contamination
- BREAKING: Power Outages In Multiple US Cities Including New York, LA and San Fransisco
- NOT IN AMERICA! Mich Doctor Performing Female Genital Mutilation on Little Girls, ARRESTED!
- The Hidden Truth Why America Bombed Syria?!
- BREAKING: New Discovery - Evidence Podesta Abusing Child at Strip Joint
- UPDATED: The Entertainment Industry Is All "GRAVY" Truth!
- Absolutely No Spin Coverage Of Alex Jones Child Custody Press Conference
- High Dose B Vitamins Reduces Symptoms Of Schizophrenia Experts Say
- Infowars Is Now Reporting Operation Gotham Shield Will Take Place Wednesday April 26
- Congratulations Peggy Whitson: New U.S Record For Time in Space
(Reuters) – The worst U.S. drought in more than half a century has weakened the safety net for the 50 million Americans who struggle to get enough to eat, and the nation’s food banks are raising the alarm as the holiday season gets into full swing.
Demand for food assistance – unrelenting as the U.S. economy slowly recovers from the worst recession since the Great Depression – ticks higher during the winter holidays.
This summer’s crop-damaging weather in the U.S. farm belt has driven up costs for everything from grain to beef. That means higher prices at the grocery store, but it also means the U.S. government has less need to buy key staples like meat, peanut butter, rice and canned fruits and vegetables to support agricultural prices and remove surpluses.
Most of the products from those government purchases are sent to U.S. food banks, which then distribute them to food pantries, soup kitchens and emergency shelters that are a lifeline for people who struggle with hunger – including low-income families, senior citizens and people with disabilities.
The decline in government donations is exacerbating the pain inflicted by stubbornly high unemployment and a lack of income growth for many low-wage workers.
Read the rest of the article here or …
CLAIM YOUR THANK YOU COFFEE MUG
Take Action Now: 1. Subscribe to our RSS feed 2. Receive your copy of The Bill of Rights 3. Share This Page With a Friend or Family Member 4. Call The White House Press Secretary (202-456-1111) as well as your state representatives to express your grievances. 5. Don't ever stop studying and sharing!!! God Bless America ~ Long Live The Republic ~ One Nation Under God ~ UNDIVIDED
~ Biselliano the truth powered by The Truth