- The USA Liberty Act and the Destruction of Our 2nd and 4th Amendments Rights
- Shocking VIDEO: Multiple Windows Removed From Mandalay Bay (New Evidence!!!)
- Somebody Is Lying .. Police Scanner Evidence From Vegas Shooting Revealed This
- BREAKING: Video of Stephen Paddock Alive AFTER Las Vegas Shooting???
- Fiction Becomes Reality – Viewer Discretion Advised: The Zombie Drug
- President Donald Trump Will NOT Be Impeached Says The Lord
- What Is The Rapture And What Comes After?
- UPDATED: The Truth About The Entertainment Industry, Michael Jackson and More
- Child Sex Trafficking Sting Rescues 84 Children & Puts 120 Pimps Behind Bars
- The Depelteau Show - Tune In Sundays At 1pm Central - #EATruthRadio
- Truth Petition and Truthful Description on “Shadow Banning” By Facebook
- BREAKING: Las Vegas Shooting Eyewitness Speaks with Laura Loomer
- BREAKING: Video Footage Shows Helicopter Firing Gunshots Into Crowd at Route 91 Music Festival
(Reuters) – The worst U.S. drought in more than half a century has weakened the safety net for the 50 million Americans who struggle to get enough to eat, and the nation’s food banks are raising the alarm as the holiday season gets into full swing.
Demand for food assistance – unrelenting as the U.S. economy slowly recovers from the worst recession since the Great Depression – ticks higher during the winter holidays.
This summer’s crop-damaging weather in the U.S. farm belt has driven up costs for everything from grain to beef. That means higher prices at the grocery store, but it also means the U.S. government has less need to buy key staples like meat, peanut butter, rice and canned fruits and vegetables to support agricultural prices and remove surpluses.
Most of the products from those government purchases are sent to U.S. food banks, which then distribute them to food pantries, soup kitchens and emergency shelters that are a lifeline for people who struggle with hunger – including low-income families, senior citizens and people with disabilities.
The decline in government donations is exacerbating the pain inflicted by stubbornly high unemployment and a lack of income growth for many low-wage workers.
Read the rest of the article here or …
Take Action Now: 1. Subscribe to our RSS feed 2. Receive your copy of The Bill of Rights 3. Share This Page With a Friend or Family Member 4. Call The White House Press Secretary (202-456-1111) as well as your state representatives to express your grievances. 5. Don't ever stop studying and sharing!!! God Bless America ~ Long Live The Republic ~ One Nation Under God ~ UNDIVIDED
~ Biselliano the truth powered by The Truth